By 2023, predictions tell us that multichannel eCommerce sales will nearly reach $580 billion. Powerful eCommerce platforms like Shopify and Woocommerce have integration at the forefront. Since Amazon is the world’s largest eCommerce storefront, it makes sense to leverage these tools for exposure.
Below, you’ll find out how to integrate Amazon with four of the top eCommerce platforms.
WooCommerce integration with Amazon
WooCommerce is the world’s largest eCommerce platform. Because of this, its extensions work across some powerful tools. WooCommerce also has an extension for Amazon Fulfillment, simplifying your process.
WooCommerce is built on WordPress sites. If you have yet to create a storefront, WooCommerce will direct you to WordPress. WooCommerce also integrates with Shopify, Facebook, and TikTok.
If you are still wondering what to sell, this might change depending on your chosen platform. Products that work on Facebook might not sell the same as products on TikTok. Social selling is becoming a major part of any eCommerce business.
How to integrate WooCommerce with Amazon
To integrate WooCommerce and Amazon, follow these steps:
- Step One: Install WooCommerce on your chosen website builder. WooCommerce works across multiple website management platforms. By searching “WooCommerce” on WordPress, you will likely find it.
- Step Two: Install Omnichannel for WooCommerce. Once your WooCommerce account is connected to your website builder, install OmniChannel for WooCommerce. The Omnichannel app also works on eBay, Walmart, and Google.
- Step Three: Follow the steps on the setup wizard. WooCommerce’s setup wizard will connect your Amazon account to your WooCommerce account. You also get a free 14-day trial to try out the tool.
- Step Optional: Integrate your Amazon FBA system. FBA sellers have their shipping and storage handled by an Amazon Fulfillment Center. If you use FBA services, also install the WooCommerce Amazon Fulfillment tool.
Several tools available on WooCommerce can help you establish a nearly automated business. You should take the time to look through WooCommece’s extension list to see what apps work best for you.
Sell on Amazon with Shopify
Shopify is an all-in-one eCommerce solution that doesn’t rely on third-party software. Shopify depends on a custom and unique website building platform. It doesn’t integrate like WooCommerce.
Shopify has powerful integrations with Amazon that are very comparable to WooCommerce. It’s an excellent place to establish your brand. Searches can often begin on Amazon.com and sometimes on your website, leading to greater brand recognition.
How to integrate Shopify with Amazon
To integrate your Shopify store with Amazon, follow these steps:
- Step One: Create a Shopify storefront. First, you’ll want to visit the Shopify website and establish an account. Play with some features and the website editor until you find something you like.
- Step Two: Install a third-party Shopify application. Shopify’s base store doesn’t support Amazon integration. However, the wide range of third-party apps solves this problem.
- Step Three: Follow the app-specific setup steps. Regardless of your chosen app, most have simple setup instructions.
Focus on apps that have four stars (or more) when choosing your integration software. Below are a list of suggested apps you can use depending on your seller circumstances:
- If you are an FBA seller, Amazon FBA Shipping by ByteStand is an excellent integration tool.
- As an FBM seller (someone who handles shipment and storage outside of Amazon), you can use Amazon Integration Plus. This app also works if you have a combination of FBA and FBM products.
- If you want a Shopify app that integrates outside of Amazon, you can also use Codisto.
Shopify is a unique platform that focuses on simplicity overall. It is great for beginners and brand starters. The fixed pricing makes it easy to start. Still, many people prefer WooCommerce because it is free and open-source.
Integrate Magento with Amazon
Magento has undergone major changes since its Adobe purchase several years ago. Its new release, Magento is now known as Adobe Commerce. Your alternative open-source option is Magento Git, ideal for testing site changes and playing with the software.
Adobe Commerce is an excellent tool for people starting an eCommerce business. It’s great for managing inventory levels across multiple physical and digital store platforms. Magento can be intimidating for some but is an excellent tool with a bit of practice.
How to integrate Magento with Amazon
Like other platforms on this list, Magento has a plugin for those on the Adobe platform. Here are the steps necessary to get started:
- Step One: Establish your store on Magento (Adobe Commerce). To get started with Magento, you’ll need to set up a demo to take a closer look.
- Step Two: Install the right plugin. Amazon Integration by CEDCommerce is the ideal plugin for integrating your Amazon storefront.
- Step Three: Activate the plugin. You should see the plugin along the left side of your Magento interface. Go through the available setup wizard to get things moving.
The Amazon Integration app works with the Adobe Commerce and open-source forms of Magento.
Adobe Commerce also allows you to store this data on its cloud, something that integrates with the entirety of Adobe Cloud software. For those who need remote access, you’ll find this feature helpful.
Integration of WordPress with Amazon
WordPress is the world’s largest website service. Beyond eCommerce, it integrates multiple site types and has many plugins to support this. One of these happens to be WooCommerce, which you can find the steps for above.
WordPress isn’t limited to WooCommerce. There are other plugins you can use to connect WordPress and Amazon. Because of this, using WordPress by itself emphasizes flexibility, allowing you to choose the app that most suits your needs.
How to integrate WordPress with Amazon
When integrating WordPress with Amazon, you have two options:
- As an Amazon affiliate
- As an Amazon seller
As an affiliate, you can use The Amazon Affiliate WordPress plugin (AAWP). The system allows you to create a series of affiliate links back to Amazon, making another passive income.
As a seller, your best bet is to use the steps to start with a WooCommerce store. However, in the case where you would like more automation, WP-Lister Lite can help. The system automatically integrates your WooCommerce store with WordPress, processing updates from a single system.
You can install a wide variety of other listing platforms on WordPress. Here’s a list of some of the best:
You’ll need to pay for the business plan to install plugins on your WordPress site. This applies to people who use both WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
If you want to run an eCommerce store, you should choose WordPress.org. You have far more website control on a self-hosted platform (something that WordPress.com doesn’t have). You can also get pretty good deals with major hosting companies like BlueHost, Hostinger, and InMotion.
Slocum Studio offers managed hosting, which is a great option for more complicated e-commerce websites that may require technical support from time to time. Our developers work extensively with WooCommerce.
Omnichannel sales are the ultimate goal. Your focus should be on automating sales across multiple platforms. After all, if you go where the people are, they will be more likely to buy from you.
WooCommerce is the best overall platform for integration across multiple platforms. Regardless of your preferences, any of the products on this list integrate well with eCommerce systems.
Need help with your web project call us today? 857.400.8959
We hope that you enjoy our content. If you decide to make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for reading! View our Affiliate Disclosure